New International Forum - Nuevo Foro Internacional

Hi guys,

I will just introduce myself in some lines before asking my question, I am Spanish student of Engineering and Marketing doing my erasmus in Italy this year, so welcome to the italians and in general to every non-Spanish speaker.

THE QUESTION:

I am fed up with my Hero HD7+ and I have decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy sII or an Iphone4 from USA, the thing is that I am not sure about if I will be able to use it here in Europe because of the connection used there, here is the info about the info of the phone I want to buy:

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Key Features[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Storage Capacity[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16 GB[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Color[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vortex Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Network Generation[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4G[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Network Technology[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CDMA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Band[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CDMA 800/1900[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Camera[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8.0 MP[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Operating System[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Android

As It doesnt say anything about 3G or WCDMA connection I am not sure I will be able to use internet with it here (without wifi), could anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance

[/FONT]

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px none; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

Hi guys!

First off all I need to thank to Breixo, for this international forum.

Hi Atomico!
As for the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 it is nothing more than a glorified mp3 player in Europe, oh well you could use it to play video files or games on it, or even browse the net on wifi,- but i think You got My point.
Unfortunately most of the phones in US are CDMA, think of Verizon, Sprint, Virgin ..., and only thos that operate on AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM compatible.
Those which have LTE almost certainly don't work in Europe.
You must pay attention, that the AT&T an T-Mobile versions of the phone , while they are mostly 4 band GSM, they usually operate on other frequencies in 3G, so they mostly work only on EDGE.

There is a limited market of international phones, so I would tell You that the safest bet is the Nexus 4 from the Google store or an international version of the iPhone (even if I am not a fan of apple).

Hi guys,

I will just introduce myself in some lines before asking my question, I am Spanish student of Engineering and Marketing doing my erasmus in Italy this year, so welcome to the italians and in general to every non-Spanish speaker.

THE QUESTION:

I am fed up with my Hero HD7+ and I have decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy sII or an Iphone4 from USA, the thing is that I am not sure about if I will be able to use it here in Europe because of the connection used there, here is the info about the info of the phone I want to buy:

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710

Key Features
Storage Capacity16 GB
ColorVortex Black
Network Generation4G
Network TechnologyCDMA
BandCDMA 800/1900
Camera8.0 MP
Operating SystemAndroid

As It doesnt say anything about 3G or WCDMA connection I am not sure I will be able to use internet with it here (without wifi), could anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hi guys!

First off all I need to thank to Breixo, for this international forum.

Hi Atomico!
As for the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 it is nothing more than a glorified mp3 player in Europe, oh well you could use it to play video files or games on it, or even browse the net on wifi,- but i think You got My point.
Unfortunately most of the phones in US are CDMA, think of Verizon, Sprint, Virgin ..., and only thos that operate on AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM compatible.
Those which have LTE almost certainly don't work in Europe.
You must pay attention, that the AT&T an T-Mobile versions of the phone , while they are mostly 4 band GSM, they usually operate on other frequencies in 3G, so they mostly work only on EDGE.

There is a limited market of international phones, so I would tell You that the safest bet is the Nexus 4 from the Google store or an international version of the iPhone (even if I am not a fan of apple).

Additionally many of the high spec. mobile phones from USA which you can find out in ebay.com and accept international shipping, are in fact stolen phones. So when you receive your phone you will discover that it has got a blocked imei and you can not use it.

Thank you for setting up an International section in the forum. Let me thank breakk and the rest of the guys behind Puzzle S.B.H. Blue for Alcatel OT-918D, it's just fantastic work especially the latest version!

My question is what app for network traffic do you use that is specific for dual SIM phones which can separate usage stats for each SIM/network?

Nice idea create international forum, many people take advantage of it, im here for helping, all the best to users!!

Thank you for setting up an International section in the forum. Let me thank breakk and the rest of the guys behind Puzzle S.B.H. Blue for Alcatel OT-918D, it's just fantastic work especially the latest version!

My question is what app for network traffic do you use that is specific for dual SIM phones which can separate usage stats for each SIM/network?
Hi @ScalawagX i use default apk. But if you want some external apk, you may try Traffic Monitor from RadioOpt GmbH labs.

Última edición por un moderador:

Del blog

Es tendencia

¿Ha terminado la locura de añadir tantas cámaras a los móviles?

• Si

• No

• No lo se

• Ya me gustaría...

• Ya te gustaría...

Los resultados solo son visibles tras votar.
Atrás